About Online Learning
You will typically be participating in one, seven‐week long course at a time. With this design, you have the ability to focus on one course at a time instead of dividing your attention among several courses. A full‐time online student will take two, seven‐week courses per semester year‐round.
Forms of coursework include class discussion boards, group work, videos posted by the instructor, readings and applying concepts to real‐life experiences via written assignments.
Additionally, with small class sizes of approximately 20 students, we believe you’ll have the chance to add strong connections in your professional network.
ACU has built this degree around your lifestyle and learning needs. We are here to support you every step of the way so that your experience is as fulfilling and flexible as possible.
We offer you a multi‐level support network including:
- Enrollment Advisor – Counsels you through the application process
- Student Service Manager – Works with the university on your behalf
- Small Group Instructor – Guides you through the course content and requirements
- Faculty – Develops the curriculum and constantly assesses its relevance and timeliness
- Technical Support – Assists you with any technical problems you may have – live 24/7
|Microsoft Windows XP (or higher)||Apple Macintosh 10.5 OS X Leopard (or higher)|
|Internet Explorer 7,8,9, Mozilla Firefox (14 higher)||Safari 4 (or higher) or Mozilla Firefox (14 or higher)|
|Adobe Flash Player, Java|
- Both PC and MAC Recommended Desktop and Laptop Hardware:
- 1024 x 768 resolution monitor and supporting video card
- Any system should have a backup device (Zip, tape, CD/DVD RW) to copy and protect important files as well as a USB Flash Drive (1GB or greater) for transferring data
- Sound card with speakers
- Cable/DLS connection Internet Connection
Recommended Desktop Requirements
|Compatible PC: 2.5 Ghz, 100GB hard drive, at least 1 GB RAM, CD/DVD drive||Apple 2.5 Ghz, 100GB hard drive, CD/DVD drive|
Recommended Laptop Requirements
|PC Laptop 1.4 Ghz, 100GB hard drive, at least 1GB RAM||Apple MacBook: 1.83 Ghz, 100GB hard drive, 1GB RAM|
“Specifically, I chose ACU because it worked for me. It was one of the more affordable options at the time and after working at a Christian college I loved the idea of integrating faith into all the coursework and how immediately applicable it was to what I was doing and what I have been doing. I would learn something in class and immediately turn around and use the stuff. Not only practical aspects, but spiritual aspects as well.”
— Lindsey Fifield (’11), M.Ed. in Higher Education
“ACU has prepared me to go out into the working world with the program that I want to be in and gave me a better sense of what students are really going through and what students really need.”
— Jessica Bohn (’12), M.Ed. in Higher Education